Majority of us feel lonely, sad and depressed most of the time. Depression and grief is a normal reaction to the struggles of life, to loss and to different sorts of injured self-esteem. As soon as the feelings get overwhelming, they lead to different kinds of physical symptoms and when they last for a pretty long span of time, they can keep you from enjoying a normal life. This is when you will seek help of medical attention.
The first place to start is by meeting your regular doctor as he is the one who will test you for depression and also handle your symptoms. Apart from the advices given by your doctor, you can also opt for the https://www.e-counseling.com/depression-quiz/ which can help you determine whether or not you’re suffering from depression.
Few depression symptoms to watch out for
If you’re eager to know about the few symptoms that you should keep in mind, you can take into account the following:
- Remembering any minute detail
- Problem in concentrating and deciding things
- Feelings of helplessness and worthlessness
- Hopelessness and negativity
- Too much sleep or insomnia
- Loss of interest in things like sex or other pleasurable activities
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Digestive issues which don’t go with treatment
- Headaches, pains, aches and cramps
- Constant anxious, sad and feelings of emptiness
- Suicidal attempts or thoughts
How is depression diagnosed?
The doctor will never use a depression test to check whether or not you’re suffering from depression. Hence, determining will always start with a physical exam or a thorough check-up. Here are the things the doctor will want to know:
- How long you’ve been witnessing the symptoms
- How long the symptoms have stayed
- How severe have the symptoms been
- Whether or not mental illnesses or depression run in the family
- Whether or not there is a history of alcohol abuse or drug abuse
- Whether or not you’ve face such similar symptoms and how you treated them before
When is the right time to get help?
In case the multiple symptoms of depression are leading to issues in your relationships and in your family, there won’t be any perfect solution and you have to seek help of a professional. If you can successfully talk to a doctor or a health counselor, you can treat the symptoms.
So, now that you know how you can detect whether or not you’re suffering from depression, pay close attention to the symptoms and get treated as soon as possible.